Front Quad of Lincoln College, the walls covered in bright green ivy

Welfare, Health, and Disability

Collage of four pictures of painted ceramic plates, bowls, and mugs


There are a number of people you can contact if you are having any difficulties or problems. Our Chaplain and Student Welfare Co-ordinator, Andy, is our welfare co-ordinator and is available to talk to you about any concerns you may have. Each common room has a Welfare Rep who organises welfare events, and a number of our students act as peer supporters and can be contacted for a friendly chat. The College nurse and College doctors are also able and willing to advise you if you have welfare concerns, and their details can be found below.

If you need to speak to someone about harassment or bullying, please contact one of the College's Harassment Advisors, Professor Dominic Vella or Dr Alice Thorneywork.

Outside College, there is the University Counselling Service and Nightline (both affiliated to the University) and the Student Advice service.


Our College nurse and College doctors are available should you fall ill or require mental health support.

The College Nurse operates a surgery in Chapel Quad in weeks 0-9 at the time below. Please email the nurse in advance to make an appointment. The nurse can also be contacted by email and by phone (01865 279817).

Monday 10am - 2pm

Wednesday 9am - 1pm

Thursday 12.30 - 4.30pm

This service is supervised by Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.

The College Doctors can be found at the King Edward Street at the Northgate Medical Practice. Students should first make an appointment by telephone (01865 242657) or online. All freshers are invited to drop in to meet your College Doctor and team from 6:30 to 8 pm on 4 October 2023. Please refer to the poster for information.

The Lodge (01865 279800) should be contacted in case of accident or sudden illness, and the Porter will call for the doctor or nurse. In emergencies, please call an ambulance straight away. You should then alert the Lodge so they can inform the Senior Tutor and Dean.

If you have an illness or injury, but are not sure where you go for NHS support, please take a look at this information on choosing the right NHS service.

You can also register with Damira Dental Studios, the NHS dental practice at Oxford Brookes University.


If you have a disability or chronic health condition, the Disability Co-ordinator will help you with any necessary adjustments to teaching provision, examination arrangements, or accommodation. Chronic health conditions include mental health issues such as anxiety and disordered eating, neurodiverse conditions including Specific Learning Disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorders, and physical health conditions such as diabetes or epilepsy.

We recommend that you register with the University Disability Advisory Service. Lincoln’s link advisors there are Martha Cadle and Kevin Rayson, and they will liaise directly with the Disability Co-ordinator as needed.

Lincoln’s Disability Co-ordinator is Lisa Stokes-King: please contact her with any request or queries, or just to find out more, at

Where next?

  • Familiarise yourself with some Oxford terminologyRead more
  • Learn about our graduate common room, the MCRRead more
  • Discover the financial support available at LincolnRead more