Elman Poole Photographic Prize
25 Apr 2022
This year’s Lincoln photography competition, the Elman Poole Photographic Prize, is now live!
Lincoln students, staff, and Fellows are invited to enter their photographs (max. two per person) that fit with this year's theme: LOVE LINCOLN.
Send them to Julia Uwins (Website and College Communications Officer) or submit them through Instagram by tagging @lincolncollegeoxford and using the hashtag #elmanpoolephoto.
First prize wins £100; runner-up wins £50.
Full rules and additional information can be found below. The deadline for submissions is Friday 1 July 2022.
- The competition is open to current members of Lincoln College only: undergraduate and graduate students, Fellows, and staff during the academic year 2021-22. Previous winners are not eligible to win again for a period of three years.
- Entrants must submit a photograph that illustrates the vibrancy of College life through images of Lincoln buildings, people and/or activities. Photographs should be taken on Lincoln grounds, preferably the Turl Street site, though other venues are permissible where there is a strong contingent representing Lincoln.
- Entrants may submit up to two entries as prints or electronic images, in colour or in black and white.
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, or to enhance the colour and clarity of the image, but should not manipulate the content of the image.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered, and it will be expected that photographers of short-listed entries that focus on a particular person or persons have secured permission.
- Entrants must transfer copyright to the College so that it can use and reproduce entries in any official publications, promotional materials, and websites. The College undertakes to credit the photographer when entries are used in this way.
- Each entry should be submitted with the entrant’s name and email address to: Julia Uwins, Website and College Communications Officer (email@example.com).
- Entries can also be made on Instagram by tagging @lincolncollegeoxford and using the hashtag #elmanpoolephoto. The competition closes on Friday 1 July 2022.
- The entries will be judged by a panel, which will include the Development Director, the Website and College Communications Officer, a representative of the MCR, a representative of the JCR, and a Fellow.
- The judges will select the winning photograph that, in their opinion, best illustrates the theme of the competition, taking into consideration factors including: composition, technical ability, originality, and suitability for reproduction in a College publication or as a card.
- The winner will receive a £100 cash prize. The runner-up will receive a £50 cash prize.