Outreach in Oxford
Lincoln College primarily works with schools and colleges in Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire. We work in partnership with Magdalen College and St Edmund Hall as part of Oxford for East Midlands.
We also work as a project partner of Oxford for North East as part of a restructuring of outreach at the University of Oxford.
Covid-19 has brought some changes to the way that we work. For information about the virtual experiences and digital resources available, please contact our Access Officer.
Oxford Study Days
Who for: Students Year 9-12, Teachers
We offer the opportunity for schools to bring groups of students to visit Oxford for study days. These days are offered free of charge and usually run 10.30-14.30. They typically include:
- An introduction to Oxford
- The chance to meet current students
- A tour of Lincoln College
- Sessions on themes such as student life, A-Level choices, super-curricular activities and Oxbridge application
- Academic tasters or self-guided tours of the city
Groups that meet the following criteria will be prioritised:
- From a state school in Lincolnshire or Northamptonshire
- Include a significant number of students who receive Free School Meals
- Currently receive limited outreach provision from Oxford University
We recognise that for some of our schools, a day trip to Oxford simply is not feasible. Due to limited accommodation at the College, we are unable to provide overnight accommodation to school groups, but the city does offer a number of reasonably priced hostels. In these instances, we are happy to work with you to create a multi-day programme to provide an immersive Oxford experience.