Outreach in Oxford
As of 31 July 2020, Lincoln College will be focusing its outreach efforts in the East Midlands as part of Oxford for East Midlands and working as a project partner of Oxford for North East as part of a restructuring of outreach at the University of Oxford.
Our schools in the South West will be handed over to Oxford for South West. Please note that we are still confirming some of the details for this transition, but we anticipate being able to inform our schools in Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset, or South Gloucestershire about your new link colleges shortly.
If you are a school or college from North or North East Lincolnshire, your new contact is Mansfield College, who already work extensively with schools on the other side of the Humber in Hull.
As COVID-19 brings some inevitable changes to the way that we work, we will be looking at providing a rich virtual experience for our schools.
Oxford Taster Days
Who for: Students Year 9-12, Teachers
We offer the opportunity for schools to bring groups of students to visit Oxford for taster days. These days are offered free of charge and usually run 10.30-14.30. They typically include:
- An introduction to Oxford
- The chance to meet current students
- A tour of Lincoln College
- Sessions on themes such as student life, A-Level choices, super-curricular activities and Oxbridge application
- Academic tasters or self-guided tours of the city
Groups that meet the following criteria will be prioritised:
- From a state school in Lincolnshire or Northamptonshire
- Include a significant number of students who receive Free School Meals
- Currently receive limited outreach provision from Oxford University
We recognise that for some of our schools, a day trip to Oxford simply is not feasible. Due to limited accommodation at the College, we are unable to provide overnight accommodation to school groups, but the city does offer a number of reasonably priced hostels. In these instances, we are happy to work with you to create a multi-day programme to provide an immersive Oxford experience.